Eco-tourism has emerged as one of the most important sectors of the international tourism industry. … At its best, eco-tourism is responsible travel to natural areas that safeguards the integrity of the ecosystem and produces economic benefits for local communities that can encourage conservation.
What is eco tourism and examples?
Nature tourism – responsible travel to natural areas, which conserves the environment and improves the welfare of local people. It is tourism based on the natural attractions of an area. Examples include birdwatching, photography, stargazing, camping, hiking, hunting, fishing, and visiting parks.
What are the types of ecotourism?
What are the types of Ecotourism?
- Eco-loging: Choosing accommodations that are built with environmental awareness in mind. …
- Agro-tourism: Visiting or volunteering on rural farm communities. …
- Community Development: Volunteering opportunities that focus on off-setting the negative impacts of mass tourism and modernization.
What are some examples of ecotourism activities?
10 Ecotourism Ideas for your Honeymoon
- Hiking/Trekking. Take to the trails and explore your honeymoon destination by embarking on a scenic hiking trip. …
- Wildlife Viewing. …
- Voluntourism. …
- Sailing. …
- Kayaking. …
- Whitewater Rafting. …
- Scuba Diving/Snorkeling. …
- Zip Line Excursion.
What are the components of ecotourism?
The three common concepts within ecotourism are natural-based, educational, and sustainable (which includes economic and social criteria). Within these components, both benefits and costs exist, and in some circumstances there is disequilibrium towards greater costs.
What is eco tourism essay?
Ecotourism Essay. Ecotourism involves responsible traveling to fragile, pristine and mostly protected areas. This takes place for different purposes, from educating the traveler, fostering respect for different cultures to directly benefiting the economic and political empowerment of local communities (Garana, 2008).
What are the benefits of eco tourism?
Given below are the benefits of ecotourism:
- Ecotourism focuses on unadulterated, pristine natural environments;
- It builds cultural and environmental awareness;
- It encourages positive experience for visitors as well as hosts;
- It minimizes the impact if tourism on the environment;
How is ecotourism different from tourism?
Key Difference – Tourism vs Ecotourism
The key difference between tourism and ecotourism lies in this involvements with nature; tourism is not much concerned about the well-being of local people and conservation of nature, but ecotourism tries to create a minimal impact on the people and on the environment.